Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include.
Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
Abbott Laboratories Limited
Abbott Diabetes Care
Vanwall Business Park
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is in force from 25 May 2018. The GDPR amends and updates the rights you have in relation to your personal data, and what companies that process your personal data are permitted and required to do. It also requires that we provide you with the following information in addition to that which you have already received: This supplemental notice supersedes any information you have already received from us.
The GDPR introduces new and extended rights in relation to your personal data beyond those already highlighted to you. These are:
- The right to rectify, or erase any wrong or incomplete personal data that Abbott holds about you;
- The right to access the personal data that Abbott holds about you;
- The right, in some cases, to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate grounds;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making intended to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to you, such as analytics based on conduct. Please refer to the cookies section of the privacy notice for more information on how to exercise this right if it is indicated that cookies are being used;
- Where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent or as part of a contract, the right to the portability of that personal data to another person or, if it’s technically feasible for us to do so, to another company.
- The right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority or to receive compensation for any damage you suffer; and
- The right to withdraw your consent to Abbott’s processing of your personal data, without detriment, where you have provided consent for Abbott to process your personal data.
FURTHER INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
- International transfers - We transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to third countries which do not offer the same level of protection as required by the EU. In order to safeguard your personal data we will only make such transfers on the basis of (i) a decision of the European Commission that permits this, or (ii) subject to EU-approved Standard Contractual Clauses. Please note, Abbott has entered into data transfer agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses to transfer your personal data from the EEA to third countries, which includes the United States. To receive a copy of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses which we use to export your personal data from the EEA, please contact our EU DPO (details below).
- Storage -Your personal data will be stored for as long as it is needed to: (i) maintain our business relationship with you through our internal customer relationship management systems; (ii) allow you to have access and use our website and related services; and (iii) deliver the marketing materials that you have requested to you, or in accordance with any legal requirements, including those in relation to product or medical device safety. For further information please contact your local customer care or the EU-DPO office using the details below.
- Why we need your data -The provision of personal data to Abbott is required to fulfil the terms of a contract you have with Abbott, to provide you with a product or service you have requested, or to comply with local laws, such as those in relation to product or medical device safety. Failure to provide such personal data will mean that Abbott cannot provide you with the product or service you have requested.
- Customer care, queries and issues: please follow Abbott’s normal recommended channels.
- Data Protection Officer: if you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data please contact our EU DPO at http://www.eu-dpo.abbott.com/.
This is the Republic of Ireland Abbott Diabetes Care website
If you'd like to see country-specific content relevant to you, please visit our list of global websites, or....• • • • • • • •